Your Basic Travel Kit - Tummy Troubles
I asked an intrepid traveller who never has tummy trouble -even up the Sepik in Papua, New Guinea, not known for its four star hotels - what the secret is 'Only drink bottled water, even if that means taking a crate of your own, never have ice in drinks, avoid all uncooked food and take a Swiss army knife'. That apparently is so that you can cut the skin off fruits.
It might seem a bit much to was your teeth in Avian water but it's a lot less embarrassing than having diarrhoea and spending your holiday sight-seeing the toilet-roll holder on the back of the bathroom door! It is amazing the number of people who get tummy trouble when staying at a deluxe hotels, and this may be due to the attractive but hazardous lunchtime buffet - a veritable breeding ground for bacteria and an interesting landing- stage for flies. The simple fact of having new foods can cause diarrhoea, as can heat.
DIARRHOEA, in its mild form only usually lasts for forty -eight hours. The main danger of it is dehydration and you should drink extra fluids, including fruit juices. (Women should also remember that diarrhoea reduces the body's ability to absorb the birth control pill.) lemon essential oil will help to purify the water in which you should wash all fruit and vegetables. After each bowel movement drink the dehydration blend. Don't think about cutting out the sugar., it is there to promote the absorption of salt.
|1Litre boiling water|
|8 teaspoons sugar|
|Half a teaspoon of salt||Drink one glass at a time.|
|8 drops lemon essential oil|
A warm bath with four drops each of geranium and ginger essential oils often helps to alleviate diarrhoea, and at the very least it will make you feel better.
FOOD POISIONING, usually shows up within forty-eight hours of having eaten the offending meal. It may be caused by bacteria, carried by humans or flies., or rotten food. Nausea, vomiting, pain and diarrhoea are the most likely effects, and fever and illness can develop.
It is important to rest in bed and drink plenty of fluuids - make up the dehydration blend above. Massage the whole body with the following.
|Diluted in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.|
To stop the circulatory shock that results from vomiting and purging, take baths with geranium and ginger - 2 drops of each. Also, apply ginger to the whole of the abdomen - 5 drops per teaspoon of vegetable oil. Castor oil is one of the best cures for food poisoning. It doesn't have the loveliest taste but this can be disguised by dissolving it in a glass of water and lemon juice.
You need one to two tablespoons of it and you can also take it by mixing it with peppermint oil - one drop per tablespoon.
BACILLARY DYSENTERY is carried in contaminated water and food and spread by flies and other carriers, and also by human contacts. It is infectious. It must be treated by a doctor, as saline injections may need to be given. The sufferer must be isolated and the room sprayed with thyme and lavender. Add the following oils to the bath ( the doses are high but these are necessary):
If muscle pains occur use the three oils above in a massage oil, in equal parts. Lavender may ease the headache and high temperature but if it doesn't, use peppermint oils instead - put one drop on your fingers and rub along the base of your skull and around your temples.
Reference: The Fragrant Pharmacy: Valerie A Worwood.
- Stress and Sport - Aromatherapy
- Foot Care - 2 - Aromatherapy
- Foot Care - Aromatherapy
- Methods Of Treating Injury
- Assertive Oils For Sports, Dance and Work-Outs - 2
- Assertive Oils For Sports, Dance and Work-Outs
- Performance Stress
- Making Your Own Formulas to Treat Stress
- Stress - 3
- Stress - 2
- The Workaholic Heart
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) - 2
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
- The VDU
- Visual Stress
- Repetitive Strain Syndrome - 2
- Repetitive Strain Syndrome
- Back Problems
- Indirect Perfuming
- Two Brains for the Price of one
- Self-Hypnosis for Relaxation
- Interviews and Exams
- The Land
- The Hospital
- Contact Us
- The Factory
- Vaginal infections and inflammation
- The Vinegar treatment for Thrush
- Threat to the Forests
- Treating Acid Environments
- Your Basic Travel Kit - Tummy Troubles
- Thrush (Candida) Case History
- Applications For Your Basic Care Kit - 4
- Thrush treatment for Men- Women
- Fragrant Pharmacy
- Whooping Cough
- The Work of Anne-Marie Giraud-Robert
- The journey
- Bites and Stings - General Action - Your Basic Travel Kit
- Your Basic Travel Kit - Fevers
- Applications For Your Basic Care Kit - 3
- Your Basic Travel Kit - The Heat
- Pamela L. Crowell on the Prevention and Therapy of Cancer by Dietary Monoterpenes
- Your Basic Travel Kit
- Verrucas and Warts
- Sterol Insensitive HMG CoA Reducase
- Rabid Bites and Scratches - Your Basic Travel Kit
- Problems In Pregnancy
- Natural Plant Oils
- Brain Radiation-Discharge
- Little Things That Bite- Your Basic Travel Kit
We have 133 guests and no members online