Your Basic Travel Kit - Fevers
A fever is a rise in normal body temperature and anything above 37C (98.4F)falls into this category. Fevers developed on holiday are usually the result of viral bacterial infection. Typhoid, malaria, tic fever and even lassa fever are quite common in tropical climates and are usually passed by insect bites or parasites.
But even on the Costa Brava you can get sandfly fever and fevers from the micro-bugs in contaminated water supplies. Hepatitis can be caught by contact with someone with the disease. With fever, it is very important to get the correct diagnosis.
A body that is feverish can go through many changes from shivering and coldness to heat, sweating and delirium . General toxaemia can arise in typhoid, for example. The feverish person must be kept in bed - rest is generally the best cure. You can help to bring the fever down by keeping the body cool with sponging.
Add the essential oils of eucalyptus, peppermint or lavender in the water you use to sponge the body down.
Give the patient plenty of liquids, including fruit juices, and make sure he has plenty of fresh air. Spray the room with thyme and use it yourself if you are nursing someone - 4 drops in a bath.
Reference: The Fragrant Pharmacy : V A Worwood
- Performance Stress
- Making Your Own Formulas to Treat Stress
- Stress - 3
- Stress - 2
- The Workaholic Heart
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) - 2
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
- The VDU
- Visual Stress
- Repetitive Strain Syndrome - 2
- Repetitive Strain Syndrome
- Back Problems
- Indirect Perfuming
- Two Brains for the Price of one
- Self-Hypnosis for Relaxation
- Interviews and Exams
- The Land
- Vaginal infections and inflammation
- The Vinegar treatment for Thrush
- Threat to the Forests
- Treating Acid Environments
- Your Basic Travel Kit - Tummy Troubles
- Applications For Your Basic Care Kit - 4
- Thrush (Candida) Case History
- Thrush treatment for Men- Women
- Fragrant Pharmacy
- The journey
- Bites and Stings - General Action - Your Basic Travel Kit
- Your Basic Travel Kit - Fevers
- Applications For Your Basic Care Kit - 3
- The Work of Anne-Marie Giraud-Robert
- Whooping Cough
- Your Basic Travel Kit - The Heat
We have 67 guests and no members online